Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Paper Flower Crown - Flower Girl

Easy to make paper flower crown for a flower girl!
Materials Needed: 12 gauge floral wire ($3.99 at JoAnn's or Michael's), paper flowers ($6.50/dozen at Michael's with a 50% off coupon- I needed 18 flowers for this crown), 1 roll of floral tape (CHEAP!), and ribbon if you choose.
Instructions: I measured my flower girl's head and added approx. 3-4 inches to that measurement. Cut a piece of wire using that measurement. I would recommend using at least two pieces of wire to make it easier to secure the paper flowers later. Line up the ends of the wires you cut so that they are parallel to each other. Grab each end of the group of wires and start lightly twisting from one end. Keep twisting until all of the wire is twisted but allow for gaps in between the wires to help secure the flowers easier. Twist the two ends of the set of wires together to form a crown. You can set the crown on the flower girls head and kind of help bend it to better form to her head. The paper flowers have wire stems. Take the flowers and lay them out around the crown to plan your spacing. I also laid the flowers out and chose the best looking flowers for the front of the crown. I started at the front of the crown and I took the wire stem of the paper flower and wrapped it around the wire crown. I tried to wrap the wire stem in between the crown wires as well as around the set of the crown wires to make sure they were pretty secure. Once all of the flowers are attached, I put the crown on the flower girls head and wiggled and of the flowers around that looked out of place. Once it looked even I used green floral tape and tightly wrapped it around the group of crown wires to better secure the flowers. Then, I added ribbon to the back of the crown.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment