Saturday, January 14, 2012

Guest Book Quilt


This is a mini-version of the guest book quilt that I am going to make for our wedding. Guests will sign a square and then I will sew it together after the wedding. I wanted people to be able to see what I am going to do with the signed squares so I used the same fabric and double sided foam mounting tape to construct a mini-version of the quilt. For this smaller version I cut 1"X 1" fabric squares and attached them to one side of the foam mounting tape. I took a large piece of paper and drew a grid to make sure that the square stayed lined up accurately. Then I started attaching the squares starting at one corner and worked diagonally.
The full size quilt will be made up of squares that are 6" X 6" and I am ironing on parchment paper to the back of the squares to make the squares easier to write on. I think that I am going to cut the parchment paper so it'll wrap around to the front of the square to cover up a 1/2" around all four sides of each square so that nobody writes in the area that will be a seam. I did not create this quilt pattern myself but found it online.

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great way to save a special memory from one of the best days of your lives! Not to mention it's super cute:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy with how it turned out:-) This will be the first quilt that I made for myself..and Donny;-)

      Delete